If you want a fun great tasting recipe for Easter bakery then Cadbury creme egg cookies are the answer. When the Easter ham and lamb cake are all gone, break out the cookies with a Cadbury egg in the middle!
Tell me how - what do I need?!
- Cadbury Creme Eggs (and an extra to snack on while you bake)
- Sugar cookie dough ( either make it or buy some )
How do I make the cookies?
- With the dough make large balls (at least 2″) and chill them in your refrigerator - this will make thm easy to handle. Any extra dough can be frozen for later.
- When we made these we used a muffin tin.
- Take a ball of the sugar cookie dough and break it or slice it in half.
- Press half into the muffin tin, forming it in and around the bottom.
- Unwrap the Cadbury Egg ( just in case you weren't going to ) and set an egg in each tin that has the sugar cookie dough in the bottom.
- Press the other half of the sugar cookie dough on top of each egg and flatten it even with the top of the muffin tin.
- Pour yourself a cup of coffee / water / soda/ wine
- Bake at 350F until golden brown which will take from 11 – 15 minutes if you use the same GE oven we did.
Let cool, then wow your friends and family!